Here are step-by-step instructions on how to integrate your company’s Microsoft Teams account to your Applauz program.
About the Integration
If your workforce already uses MS Teams as their main communication channel, connecting Applauz will allow your employees to stay updated on what's happening on Applauz as well as perform actions like recognition without having to switch platforms.
The Applauz MS Teams app allows you to:
- View Newsfeed activity (recognition messages, posts, and polls)
- Give recognition to an employee or peer (with Points)
- Answer weekly Pulse Surveys
Note: Only an Applauz Program Administrator will be able to perform this integration.
- Log into Applauz as an administrator
- Go to Program > Integrations and copy the REST API key. If the API key is not generated yet, click on “Generate API Key” and then copy the newly generated key.
- Log into your MS Teams account.
- Create a new dedicated channel. We recommend calling it something along the lines of "Applauz Announcements," "Recognition & Appreciation," or "Recognition Announcements". (If you prefer to use an existing channel, you can skip this step.)
- Click on the "Apps" icon in the bottom left of the sidebar to access the app store.
- Search for "Applauz" in the app store.
- Select the Applauz Recognition app and then click the "add to a teams" button on the left.
- From the drop-down, select the MS Teams channel you want Applauz notifications to show up in.
- Before clicking on submit, click on the small arrow next to the submit button to open the dropdown. Click on “Set up a connector.”
- You will be prompted to submit your REST API Key from Applauz. Paste your REST API key and click "save."
- Once this step is completed successfully, you will see this modal appear.
- Once Applauz is connected to your desired channel, everyone in that channel will receive a notification from Applauz asking them to log-in to their Applauz account.
- Once logged in, they should see three different tabs appear on MS Teams — "Home," "Recognition" & "Pulse Surveys." This means the app has been successfully connected!
Test the connection
You can test your integration by logging into Applauz and posting a test announcement on the Applauz Newsfeed.
The test announcement you post to the Newsfeed should auto-populate in your MS Teams channel in real-time.